Monday, March 19, 2012

Men versus Women, from the Middle of the Road.

     I just do not understand women sometimes.
     They always seem to straddle the line between unreadable and intimidating. Rare is it that you ever find a girl who actually says what she means and means what she says. When it comes to relationships, I swear there should be some sort of key to how to read their crap. I hate how, as a potential mate, you're just supposed to be a damn mind reader and pick up on their ridiculously subtle hints and mind games to make a move. Then there's always the thought of "Is she into me or is she just being nice"? It's really frustrating and confusing! If she's not digging you, and you take a shot, you look creepy. But if she IS into and you do nothing, she'll hate your guts. Where is the sanity in that?
      Then there's the catty b/s. I do not understand what this chick-on-chick irrational hate is about. The guys here won't get this- but the women know exactly what I mean. So many times, a girl will walk into a situation that's mostly full of other women, and immediately- the judgment starts. Then these other chicks are speaking to the new girl with *that* tone, and looking like dog shit's just crawled up their nostrils. It's amazingly angering and intimidating at once. It's so high school. It's amazing how many women never grow out of that mindset.
     Some days I swear, I thank God that men are still an option for me.
     I'm not saying that the males of our species are easy to read, because they're not. More than enough times I've been typical enough to try and figure out what's going on with exes, friends, or whatever else. I don't always get what goes on in their heads. But the thing that makes them easier to deal with than women is that they're easy enough to get a straight answer from. Or, if they actually mean something, they'll just come out and say it in their own way. I love that.
     I wish they could have the listening range that women do, but some days...boring hetero relationships are just easier and cozy compared to the insane world of women.

IN OTHER NEWS!
Another gay day for the NHL! I'm going to ignore the fact that one of these women is a Maple queefs fan so that I can get the warm fuzzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment