Friday, March 16, 2012

Email Response! :)

     Another crazy week has gone by, and for once, I'm in a "good riddance" kind of mood about it. Most of the time, the week containing March 13th is always a bad week for me anyway. I usually start getting emotional and having flashbacks about my mother's passing around that time, so I get a little edgy and scatterbrained. The one thing about experiencing that kind of loss in life is that it's not something you ever really get over. You just sort of learn how to deal with it, or how to ignore it until you can't anymore. Not easy, but functioning never really is, now is it?
     I'm not having the best time on earth in class either and I'm getting that mid-way through the semester need to say damn it all to hell. I'm pretty sure this paper is sucking the joy out of writing for me.
     I will say though that one of the neat things about writing this is the emails I get from it. The private messages have been really cool so far, so if you're one of those people: thank you! In one of those emails I got a request to do a "20 Things", and I realized I haven't written one of those in almost two years. So much has changed that I think my reader may be right about it being high time for a new one!
     Baring my soul here...

1) I was born near the Juniata section of Philadelphia, and I've lived in the city most of my life.
2) I have very vivid dreams and nightmares. Sometimes I dissect them for meaning.
3) The first crush I ever remember having was Bruce Wayne from Batman. (Stop laughing!)
4) I think salmon pink is the second ugliest color on earth, next to mustard yellow.
5) On average, I hate bands that begin with the letter "p".
6) There are only two ways to sincerely piss me off: ignore me or talk down to me. God help you if you do these things. Because...
7) ...I have a temper issue and can turn from being very nice to you to being a nightmare real quick.
8) I have two really dreadful habits: I drink way too much coffee and cuss like a sailor.
9) I was raised mostly by my mother and my maternal grandparents. My father was around, I guess.
10) I am dreadfully allergic to tree pollen, especially right after it rains.
11) My favorite movie is Dracula (1931, Tod Browning/Bela Lugosi).
12) I love bats, and have always wanted to swim with Great White sharks.
13) My goal in life is to channel Lily Munster. (Seriously...it's sad.)
14) I have wanted a Doberman Pinscher since I was about six, and I will have one at some point.
15) When I was a little kid, I had a teddy bear...and a crow named "Crow". I still have him!
16) I have always loved Halloween- it's what drove me to both of my current employers.
17) I collect venetian masks. Right now I have six or so of them hanging up.
18) My favorite color is not black, as many assume it is. It's actually purple.
19) I love pickles. I have a pickle snack that grosses everyone out, but I crave: pickles and frosting!
20) My toenails are always painted, as are my other nails.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment