Friday, February 10, 2012

The Very First Post!

Hey people.

It's been a really long time since I've written anything resembling a blog, so I've decided to come on back to this land of ranting, mundane details about life, and occasional literary gems. (Don't expect the last one to come from me, though.)
A little bit about who I am: I'm 23, and I live in the greatest city in America- Philadelphia. GO FLYERS! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
Ahem. Excuse me...reflexes, you know...

Anyway. I'm currently embarking on the journey of higher education and the debt that comes with it. I have two cats, a great boyfriend, and a generally normal life. I also happen to be one of those much-lambasted, often said to be mythical bisexuals. That's right, there really are people who don't feel a need to "pick a side" and aren't "confused". We're not right there with the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. 
This blog isn't just a chronicale of the boring things that take up my life. I want to be open to sharing news and opinions from both the LGBT and hetero communities. The bisexual community faces discrimination and stereotyping from both sides, and I'd really love to open up that perspective to people who assume that it's somehow "easier" to be straddling the fence. I want to share what it's like to be one of the many people who often get pushed aside by both the gay and straight crowds. The "gross" ones, the "greedy". I want to show what life under that pink, purple, and blue is really like.


No comments:

Post a Comment