Sunday, June 10, 2012

One of my favorite bisexuals is back tonight!

Muhahahaha! True Blood comes back tonight. I am very excited for this!

(Stereotypical on so many levels, I know.)

One of the main characters is played by Anna Paquin, one of my favorite bisexual actresses. It so rocks to see her decide to be out for a reason, like helping the Give A Damn campaign, where she first publicly came out.



“I’m not someone who endlessly talks about her personal life for no reason, but obviously, as someone who identifies as bisexual, those are issues I really care about.”
I love that. I really think that bisexuals need to make an effort to view "gay issues" in that way, because it DOES have an effect on our lives as much as it does for gays and lesbians. I think some bi bashing comes from the idea that we sometimes blend into hetero society and don't seem very interested in issues like workplace or marriage equality. That's a shame for those that don't bother, and it sucks to be put in that category when you're bisexual and actually DO give a damn!

She also represents well for the bi community in the straight media, which is very hard for bisexuals in straight relationships. It's great to see somebody say what all the people in that situation think everyday, regardless of how people will perceive it.

“I’m someone who believes being bisexual is actually a thing,” she continues. “It’s not made up. It’s not a lack of decision. It’s not being greedy or numerous other ignorant things I’ve heard at this point. … For a bisexual, it’s not about gender. That’s not the deciding factor for who they’re attracted to"
Fang-tastic. (That was bad. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment